The world of Liam: The thrill of Sunday night Bingo.

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The thrill of Sunday night Bingo.

As promised, I'm here to.. hold that thought a moment.

The clock on this thing. Is it really just a random number generator? I did play with and set it correctly earlier, but it's now 3:07 pm, on the 31st of October according to the clock here!!! My previous post above, on checking was made at 2.55 this afternoon. Some 4 hours before I set up the blog, no less. Is it worth experimenting with time travel at this point?

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the bingo. It was fun. Neither I nor Ros (elsewhere referred to as Mrs Liam) won a thing, and I couldn't even satisfy myself by watching one particular player there winning a game and returning, not only the 5p and 10p peices that were among their entry money, but all the small change that had been accrued from everyone else present this evening.

Yes it may seem somewhat childish, churlish even, but I find it fun to pay out a £5 prize with 73 assorted coins of the realm. :)

Will the smilie come out as a DOG, or just assorted punctuation. By the time you read this it'll be self evident, but I really have no idea at this moment in time. The vaguaries of blogging, to the uninitiated newcomer, hold many such surprises, I don't doubt. :) (Just for good measure)

We also play on a Sunday evening, although I don't help out on this, Play Your Cards Right. It's not quite up there with Brucie and his dolly dealers, but we are so easily pleased at the **Club. Tonight was exceptional in that only four people got a go before the event was finished with two people winning their £20 pound prizes for correctly going higher or lower on 7 cards. The jackpot round for a whopping £75 (one go only, with non members only able to claim a prize of £20 if they win) wasn't won this week, and so we have an increased jackpot round to look forward to next week.

I say this was exceptional, as sometimes we have to go straight to work from the club the following morning, it takes so long to play. I can't recall the amount of times a Queen has been the penultimate card, only for the guess to be lower and up pops an Ace, King or Queen. Nothing in this game for two in a bed, and more saucy phrases than that, I can tell you. I think that at times the exitement can only be rivalled by those fair and hearty cider conisor.. conniseur.. connniz.. drinkers of cider, at the Poor Wimmins 'ead in Dipwytch.

(When I work out what the hell I do about posting links, yours Trevor, along with Alans will be the first up. Then my band of growing (well there are more now than at 7 this evening, so I can only pray (leaning heavily toward atheism, this may be more difficult than for many of course) that it is a trend in the making)(I'm going for the world record in consecutive parentheses here (ignore me (no don't) err.. umm..)..(I think)(Bugger, I've lost count now) (where was I?) readers will be able to find out what I'm on about.))

Phew!!

For those not entirely convinced about my self-confessed rambling style of writing, I hope that puts a lid on any misconceptions you may have previously had. :)

Well, work tomorrow.. err.. today even, and if I don't stop typing soon.. yesterday. :) This could be an horrendous hazard to my much needed beauty sleep. If I ever work out [see, the optimism just spills out [and I'm bored with round brackets now]] how to post a photo of myself for all those that haven't seen me before, you'll see what I mean. If Jennifer Aniston is the face of L'Oreal {because she's worth it}, then in comparison I should earn a fortune advertising for Massey Ferguson. On the other hand, if I have a bad hair day, perhaps I could be one of those people off the advert, that availed themselves of the loan services provided by Ocean Finance plc.

{Remember, your home is at risk if you keep borrowing money on it's equity, to buy chips} :)

I really need to sleep now. I wrote this and came to that conclusion, so I genuinely feel for you, if you've craved the urge to sleep from the moment you started reading it.

No, stop it Liam. Switch the computer off and leave these people alone. If they wanted to read lengthy tomes, they'd buy War and Peace, not read your blog. Okay Liam.

Goodnight.

Cheers

Liam

The good thing though, is that as I can set the time and date to what ever I want.. Happy Easter 2001. :) Goodnight.. I think.

EDIT: I'm changing the date back now. I've had my fun, but it puts it on the wrong part of the page. :)

**The club in question, hereinafter to be refererred to as "THE CLUB", being the Hanworth Community Centre and Social Club, of which I'm a long standing member of the management committee. I also try to fill the tills up on my own by selecting from the vast choice of ales, a sultry little number called John Smith's Smooth.

If the website ever becomes updated to within a year of current activities, I'll post a link. But for now I'll save you the torment.