The world of Liam: My holiday diary, by Liam.. aged 37 and 11 1/2 months

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Monday, March 21, 2005

My holiday diary, by Liam.. aged 37 and 11 1/2 months

Hi all,

well those of you that have just waited 5 minutes for the page to load because of all the photos, now get the words to go with them.

As I mentioned previously we took a short 4 day break in Llanberis, which if you want to locate on a map, is just North West of Snowdon. A six hour drive and we were there. We had a 6 berth caravan all to ourselves, so there was plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Being too lazy to cook anything that first evening we trooped over to the bar to see what was on offer grub wise. It was their "curry-and-a-pint-for-a-fiver" night. That was damned lucky we thought. A tenners worth later and we retired to the "library bar" for more beer. A book shelf adorned one end of the room filled with lots of the classics.. Dickens and Stevenson to name but two, and some not so classic.. someone had been so kind as to donate several TV style interior decorating books. Nice.

There was a 9 hole golf course on site, and we played 18 holes on the Friday. Tiger Woods vs Jack Nicklaus it wasn't. I seem to remember being at least competant at golf, but for some reason I could barely hit the ball out of the way. I parred 3 holes out of the 18. If anyone's in the slightest bit interested, my stableford score was 35. This is not a bad score really, but it looks a bit desparate when you see the individual hole scores. Bored yet?? :)

We spent most of the time out and about, looking for photo opportunities. The ones below are just a small selection. I'll save you from the whole collection.. around 180, but I'll probably post them on Flickr or somewhere, and you can see the rest at your leisure.

That's about it for now. I've got to catch up on my telly. The only downside to the caravan was the TV's ability to only show 4 channels. Like a lot of people who have cable, Sky etc. even the basic packages will provide 30-40 channels, and I currently have around 150. I never knew that you got so much dross on the major channels. I almost looked forward to the adverts.. almost.

Right.. Peak Practice is just starting, hopefully.

Cheers

Liam