The world of Liam: Flippin' bloomin' fudgin' sugar..

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Flippin' bloomin' fudgin' sugar..

Am I the only flippin' person on this bloomin' planet that can't get a fudgin' script to work on a err.. sugary err.. website??

http://www.hanworthclub.co.uk/cgi-bin/atl.cgi

(Script supplied free by AtlantPro.)

I've followed all the instructions to the letter, and I just can't get it to work. You'll notice that it's a different script to the one mentioned in the previous posting. I gave up on the previous one, due to not being able to set it up. I thought I'd try my luck with a different script, just on the (very vague) offchance that it wasn't me, but a problem with the script.

I know that the parts of the server/site concerned with such matters are working, as I have set up a database in the cgi-bin for handling answers to the caption competition, and that works just fine and dandy. The path to the server (an uncommon path to me until recently) is definitely good as the above works. The script writes to the db and everything.

I've checked and rechecked the file and directory permissions on this latest script until I'm blue in the face. It all checks out, but the ads don't write to the database, meaning that you don't get to see them. The script itself shows no error messages, and seems to think that the ad is a done deal.. I've run out of ideas, and am starting to get a bit miffed.. :{

I haven't got a clue what to do next in the way of checking this. It's not like I don't at least have a passing aquaintance with the vaguaries of a computer is it?

I'm on my knees to you all.. begging.. no BEGGING...

Please.. pretty please..

Oh well, you get the idea,

Cheers

Liam