The world of Liam: TW3

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Sunday, December 05, 2004

TW3

Well, this week I've been to the doctors, and then been sent off to Heatherwood Hospital to have my elbow x-rayed. I spent from around May/June last year to around April this year with my elbow strapped up due to tennis elbow. Well, after a fall last week, the pain came back and I was made to go get it checked out. :) I'm a bloke after all. If I can get to work, I'm not ill.. end of story.

It's back again, although thankfully I didn't crack my elbow as I thought at first. I'm meant to rest the elbow, but how I do that and work, I'm not sure. I think I've had around 4 weeks sick in my entire working life (three separate events), and I'd feel pretty silly having time off work for this, but I'll know more later in the week after a return visit do the Doctor.

I have to seriously think about either giving up darts for the moment, or at least limiting the amount of matches I play in a week. At the moment, being close to Christmas, I can get away with only playing one more match this year.. I had to stop for most of last winter's season in the Ascot league.. it was just too painful to play more than one match a week. Still, I can drink left-handed. :)

The one thing I can't complain about is the service I got from both the Surgery and the Hospital. It was a sameday appointment at the Doctor's, and the X-ray was a "turn up and wait your go" affair. I got to the hospital the next day armed with a book, wondering if I should have brought two, and read about three pages. That's what I call service. :)

Anyway, that's enough for now.

Cheers

Liam