The world of Liam: A restful day at last..

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Monday, July 11, 2005

A restful day at last..

Morning all,

well, that was a busy weekend. Apart from the website, yesterday I had to read through reams of legalese ready for a meeting to sort out the new licence for the club. The local authority takes over the licencing of premises in which the sale of alchohol and/or public entertainment takes place in August. I can see the point in making sure that the premises are safe and that drug abuse and underage drinking etc. are controlled, but it took me three hours to read through, understand and make notes in preparation. I'm sure that my colleagues also have used up half of their free time to do the same this weekend. Every pub, theatre, cinema, sports venue, community centre and club in at least the Borough, and probably wider afield will have to do this as well. We're lucky in that our committee comprises several professional people who do this sort of thing for a living, but I dread to think how some places will fathom this stuff out, particularly community centres where the staff are in many cases not perhaps as experienced in such things.

Still, all good fun.

Anyway, today.. apart from this and a few other bits.. :) I'm not going near a computer. No, I'm playing golf at a rather select private course. The golf, albeit a strange course to me will be a case of hitting a ball, and then hitting it again, if I can find it. This evening though, it being a society do at said private club; I will have to don a jacket and tie. I wear a tie for weddings, funerals and New Years Eve, where I pretend to be in charge of the door, and like to look the part. That's around two or three times a year.. I will be weraing a blazer (for only about the first two minutes I hope), and to be frank, I just don't cut it as well dressed man about town. Those that have met me will verify this.

Still, with a lift there and back, I can enjoy a couple of beers afterwards.. (at £3 plus a pint) so that should take the edge off of having to dress like a badly put together shop dummy in Bentalls. Right, off to get supplies for the day. If you want to buy shares in Fanta, you have about ten minutes before the price rockets.

If you're really good, I may even go through each shot individually later.. on recent record, and given the difficulty of the course, that should be around 120 paragraphs.. :)

Cheers

Liam