The world of Liam: Darts and stuff..

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Friday, November 05, 2004

Darts and stuff..

Hi,

Well, as I mentioned in yesterday's entry, I played darts last night.. again. I won my games, and the team won 6-3. Not a bad result. We played against the Old Comrades Club in Sunninghill. I mention this because it was a good night and they're a good bunch of lads. And I won £12 on the card.. :D

The Card, for those that don't play in pub team games, such as darts, pool or crib is a scratch card with usually around 40 little boxes on it. These may be football teams, or whatever. Everyone has a go or more for 50p, and the sandwiches are paid for, and usually £10 or so goes to the winner once the card is err.. scratched. Wigan were the unlikely winners for me last night.

Tonight however is a different kettle of vegetarian fish shapes. Tonight is Pool night. The Hanworth Social Club pool team are famed in this little square of the world. We haven't won a match this season, although we are only 3 weeks into it. Last season we didn't win a single match; the season before, I think we won one match.. etc. You get the idea.

I'm captain of this team, and as far as results go.. I couldn't care less. We go out every Thursday throughout the winter months, enjoying every match. We all of course, try to play our very best while at the table, and we really aren't as useless as the results sheet would have everyone believe.. but it just doesn't happen. Still, the beer, food and company more than make up for any shortfall in our actual combined skill levels. And frankly, as none of us will ever earn a red cent at the game, why ruin a night out by worrying about the empty shelves in the trophy cabinet.

(That sounds like I'm trying to wipe away tear with a smile, doesn't it.. sniffle) :)

I'll post up the (inevitable) result later on. I just know that all my loyal readers will want to rush back here to find out.. please..?? :)

Cheers

Liam