The world of Liam: ICE

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, July 23, 2005

ICE

Hi all,

just a quick one today. I was reading this and thought I'd pass it on. For those that don't read the [many] links that are put in blogs, and I don't often to be honest, it goes like this. If by some chance you happened to collapse, get run over etc., and the paramedics turned up, what would be the quickest way that they, or the staff at the hospital be able to identify you and notify your next of kin? This scheme is recommended by Tom Reynolds who I'm sure you are aware is probably the most famous paramedic in the blogosphere. Get your mobile phone out, enter the name ICE, (In Case of Emergency) and the phone number of who you would want contacted. It seems that it would be looked for as a matter of routine.

I've done it, and as most people carry a mobile most of the time, it seems an eminently (I know SEF likes that word:)) sensible thing to do.

Cheers

Liam