The world of Liam: Happy New Year

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year

Hi all,

Well, that's that out of the way for another year. Back to normality.

It's been 2 months since I've blogged. That's laziness, nothing else. It's not like I don't come here often either. I visit all the blogs I link to several times a week via this one, so there really is no excuse.

I'm not going to recount in detail the last two months, as to be honest there isn't much that springs to mind worthy of a tome of this quality.

Well, I got a new camera last Friday. A Pentax Digital SLR. You can see a small gallery of photos of the Hanworth Social Club's New Year bash by clicking here. I've also put a version here with smaller main images for those of you using a lower resolution display on your monitor. They've been reduced in quality as some of the original images are over 2.5Mb in size.

Not bad for a first attempt though, and now I've worked out which setting I needed to change in order to use my collection of manual Pentax lenses, I'm set to go. Due to the relative size of the CCD compared to the size of 35mm film in the camera, the optical length of my lenses is bumped up by 1.5x. This means that my 300mm and a 2x converter gives me an effective 900mm lens. That should make wildlife photography a breeze. I'll be trying that out over the weekend, so look back then.

I may even get around to doing something with my site soon as well. And I really need to do something to the HSC site to make it more modern.

Anyway, that'll have to do, as I have to go to work now. It's nice to be back.

Cheers

Liam