The world of Liam: Err.. more ramblings really..??!!

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Err.. more ramblings really..??!!

Hi all,

I've been busy recently, but after spending the last hour or so catching up with my favourite bloggers (whose writings can all be found in the various links to the left.. have a read, they wouldn't be there if they were rubbish.. ):) I thought I'd better write something myself.




I now do gardening (you can see the progress so far, above), communing with nature an' all that. This isn't exactly a huge plot admittedly, but as I haven't touched a gardening implement in a couple of decades or so, it is a refreshing challenge.

It is the front garden of my grandmother's abode. Until last weekend it was home to 37 previously undiscovered flora, 3 new species of animal, including a proto-marsupial resembling a small hippo (now officially named the liamopottamus largekebabuswithsaladus, which I'm really rather chuffed about) and a quite ancient looking Japanese chappy who, despite my limited knowledge of said language, seemed to be satisfied with my explanation regarding VJ day.

It started really as a request for something to be done about the small green plastic covered wire fence thing, which was covered in about 5 ton of rosemary bushes. After comparing notes with Mrs. Liam, it was decided that I would play the parts of Tommy and Alan, and she would be Charlie.. (don't go there..) :)

With bow saw and other plant destruction paraphernalia in hand we systematically cleared the plot, and today we have been preparing the soil for planting. Adding 100 litres of farmyard manure to it will do this apparently. As an aside, being brought up in the country side, I was a bit dissappointed that it didn't smell of anything as, wierd though it may sound, there is something about the smell of horse manure that does a nostalgia thing for me. I'm sure that if I tried hard, I could find several sites that catered for me, and my fellow manurists, but that's probably for another day. ??!! :)

We even bought some plants whilst at the garden centre, and these will be inserted tomorrow, weather permitting. Last weekend I put up a baby fence, that if you look really closely at the first piccy, you can just make out on the left. It was tipping down with rain, so I didn't bother with an album full of views.

Well that's the gardening bit. I've also (as mentioned in a previous post) been having a few more meetings to sort out the licence for the club. Fingers crossed, that that is sorted now. It's been submitted to all the various agencies concerned, eight in total, and we just have to wait now.

In other news; We're off on holiday next weekend, to the Lake District. That will almost certainly mean people using up there monthly bandwidth limitations on having this page load, although I am getting a bit better at remembering this now, with both of the above piccys being only(!) 320 odd kb each, rather than the 2mb or so that I usually post up. A nice drive on Saturday should see us arrive around seven hours after leaving these sunny climes, obligatory stops for cheese jack-spuds not withstanding.

Oh, I almost forgot.. last Saturday was the night of the stars at the club.. well Karaoke anyways.



The above is a stunning action shot (being in the picture obviously removes me from any shame in taking this surreal shot) of; Mrs. Liam, myself, and Angie doing a triet (a made up word, in English anyway, but what else can you call a duet plus one), I'm not sure of which particular singer's career we ended with this performance, but they weren't alone that night. If you see a previously well known artiste selling the Big Issue, tell them we didn't mean it.

The fun track that we did, amongst others was "[The first time] Ever I saw your face" by Roberta Flack. I picked it, because I knew how the first line went, and I knew so much more than the others, We stood there basically making up what little we could as we went along, but mostly just mouthing a tuneless sylable every line or two.. I thought it was funny anyway. A week on and the pain is a little bit more bearable, although the bruising is surprisingly black still.

That'll do for now. As a person in his late 30's I really should go and do the honourable thing for a Saturday night, and go have a drink.. so I will; now; just as soon as I've clicked the publish button.

Ready steady.. g...................

(Oops, nearly forgot)

Cheers

Liam