The world of Liam: A little photography

The world of Liam

Er.. Liam practicing his typing in front of a possible audience of a few billion, and a probable audience of significantly less.

Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A little photography

Hi all,

flowerbud

I've been trying my hand at macro photography for the last day, the results of which can be found here. The flowers are Mahonia japonica, and to give a rough idea of size of these images, the frame itself covers around 15mm x 9.5mm. The little flower buds are a little less than 4mm in height, and the flowers themselves are about 8mm across. That's fairly close up.. but I'm sure I can get closer. The depth of field (the bit that stays in focus) is down around the 0.25mm to 0.5mm area, which makes for an interesting challenge with manual focus. Especially when you're as blind as a bat like me.

I needed a flat surface to put the objects on, and just grabbed a CD. Then I saw the effects, which I thought helped in some (and didn't in others). It's a handy thing to use as you can move it slightly and get different colours for your background. All those oranges, greens and blues are the result.

Anyway, off to work now.

Cheers

Liam